- Undergraduates: You have the choice to read one of the following two books:
- Skloot, Rebecca. 2011. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Broadway Books.
- Oreskes, Naomi and Erik M. Conway. 2010. Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming. New York: Bloomsbury Press.
- Graduate Students:
- McNeill, John. 2010. Mosquito Empires: Ecology and War in the Greater Caribbean, 1620-1914. Cambridge University Press.
- Peter J. Bowler and Iwan Rhys Morus, Making Modern Science: a Historical Survey (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2005), 213-35.
- Undergraduates: write a critical book review of the book that you have read. Directions for this assignment are available here. Submit your assignment in the Oncourse Dropbox and in the Assignments tab.
- Graduate Students